PDF documents can pose challenges when they are not created with accessibility in mind. Explore these resources to learn about accessible authoring tools and practices, and strategies for evaluating the accessibility of your PDFs and repairing the issues that you find. For topics not covered here, contact email@example.com and we will do our best to help.
- Creating accessible PDFs [with Adobe Acrobat] (Adobe)
- Acrobat Pro Accessibility Repair Workflow (Adobe)
- Adobe Acrobat DC live and recorded webinars – Introduction to PDF Accessibility; The Basics of Remediating an Inaccessible PDF;
Advanced PDF Accessibility, Complex Tables; Advanced PDF Accessibility, Scanned Documents & Complex Lists; Accessible PDF Forms – Adding Form Fields to a Tagged PDF; Accessible PDF Forms – Adding Form Fields Before Tagging
- Fixing Inaccessible PDFs Using Adobe Acrobat Pro (University of Washington)
- Creating Accessible PDFs course on Lynda.com – Lynda.com is subscription-based, but you can access it for free with a Tuscaloosa Public Library card.
- Adobe InDesign accessibility (Adobe)
- InDesign Accessibility (PennState Accessibility)
- Creating Accessible Adobe InDesign CS5.5 PDF Documents (NCDAE cheatsheet)